What Does Estate Planning Entail?
- Creating a will
- Limiting estate taxes by setting up trust accounts in the name of beneficiaries
- Establishing a guardian for living dependents
- Naming an executor of the estate to oversee the terms of the will
- Creating/updating beneficiaries on plans such as life insurance, RSPs and and other investments
- Setting up funeral arrangements
- Establishing annual gifting to reduce the taxable estate
- Setting up durable power of attorney (POA) to direct other assets and investments
How can Gawthrop Financial Group Help YOU?
While some of the estate plan tasks are set up with the help of an attorney (the will for example), Gawthrop Financial Group can help you navigate which steps to take in regards to setting up trusts, life insurance, investments and ensuring the your beneficiaries are kept up to date. Any other way we can advise you, we are happy to do so.